Project Solar Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the production of the game Solar Ark

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solar Ark "Intro Story"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xero
Vanguard
Vanguard

Solar Ark "Intro Story" Empty
PostSubject: Solar Ark "Intro Story"   Solar Ark "Intro Story" Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 am

A possible beginning to the story:

The thick fog starts to clear up from the morning sun as a lone mercenary ship from the nearby island closes in on the anchored Pirate flagship. With the flagship were roughly a dozen ships at its command. Finally the mercenary ship and the flagship are within docking distance. Both lower their bridges, as a single mercenary member acting as a messenger runs across to talk to the Captain of the armada. Meanwhile, two mercenaries talk to one another on the end of the docking bridges.

The taller of the two had brown hair covering most of his head except for the very top where it was beginning to bald. He appeared to be middle-aged, but was built and fit as any of the other members of the group, maybe even more so. His hands rested on the hilt of his broadsword as he turned to the younger man next to him.

“I’m almost wishing the negotiations don’t go well. It’s been so long since our men have seen action, I’m starting to wonder if they have any fight left in them,” said the older man.

“I agree with you Brome, however some of them are scaring the wits out of me from just looking at them… primarily that huge pirate with the behemoth-sized axe,” said the young man, slightly tense.

“Aye Cass, he looks to be near seven foot tall, rather large for a pirate in these waters. Perhaps they aren’t from this area.” The two of them looked on as their messenger returned to give them the news. “So are we beating the shit out of them or what?”, Brome said eagerly.

“Well that might not be the case”, the messenger said with a frown, crossing his arms. “The captain said ‘If your strongest mercenary can best our strongest pirate, we will consider ourselves defeated and never return to this island.’”

Brome glances up at the hulking pirate with the axe. “I have a funny feeling I know who their ‘strongest pirate’ is,” he said, almost smirking. “I’d prefer we just did the world a favor and killed the lot of them however.”

Cass gives a disgruntled look to Brome. “Even if the men are restless, risking bloodshed is never a wise choice.”

“Do YOU want to fight that hulking mammoth?” he sarcastically inquired.

“Ah… but still”, said Cass, avoiding the topic.

As the three of them debated the issue, one the mercenaries who had been overhearing the conversation walked up to them. “Just let me fight him, the thought of wasted bloodshed makes me cringe”, said a blonde haired boy, looking to be around 19 years of age.

Brome raised an eyebrow as he responded almost laughing, “You take him on?”

The boy stared at him with intense, stern blue eyes, giving him a ‘I’ll fuck his shit up’ look.

“Who are you?”, said Brome, suddenly realizing he had never seen him in his company before.

Ralph the messenger answered, “He’s that new guy who just joined. Today is his first assignment with us…”

“You still look like a youngster, you don’t really think you could take on mutant elephant man over there, do you? You’re not even officially a member of Bromes mercenaries yet.”

The boy’s face of stone did not waiver as he spoke, “Then consider this an audition”. He turned and began to cross the docking boards to the other ship. Ralph begins to stop him, but Brome puts his hand his shoulder. “Don’t be so hasty. He’s got the look in his eye of a veteran; he’s no fresh face.”

“You SURE?”, Ralph responded.

“He has… bloodlust in his eyes. Just watch.”

The massive pirate grins as he lets out a war cry, shoulders his axe and walk towards his puny opponent. The boy pulls the long wrapped weapon from his back and removes the cloth to reveal an above-average sized blade [Think Auron’s first sword], a two-handed weapon held in only one hand…

Blood poured from all over the pirate as he collapsed on the side of the boat and slid off into the water. What remained of his axed lay littered across the deck. All of the pirates on deck had backed as far as they could from the killing machine boy, while their Captain stood trembling in fear, for the first time in his life. The boy scans the crowd of cowering pirates and turned back to the bridges. As the boy sets foot on his own ship, he stops and stands before Brome.

Brome shutters as he speaks, “T-that was impressive to say the least. I suppose I should welcome you to Brome’s mercenaries… What should we call you?”

He studies Brome for a moment and simply replies, “My name, Is Lycia.”

EDIT: Grammer check from Trish. Might be a little easier to understand in some areas now. Lol.
Back to top Go down
https://solararc.forumakers.com

Solar Ark "Intro Story"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Solar Ark :: Game Content :: Story-
Jump to: