Project Solar Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the production of the game Solar Ark

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
REJB
Captain
Captain

Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Empty
PostSubject: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:05 am

I've been pondering some things for Damien and I came up with an idea for some of his involvement in the story and how he becomes a major villian.

Damien could be part of a mercenary group that's similar to the group of the main characters. However they'll all be evil and be absolute equals to everyone in the group. I'm not sure when they will officially come in but there could be rumors earlier on in the game that let you know who they are.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:09 am

They will have dark purposes and are trying to gain popularity across the planet to hide their true intentions.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:34 am

Each of the members of this group will be,like i said, equal to the main characters and I'm thinking of members for it right now
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 am

not sure who this damien fellow is or if i missed what was going on, however, i do like an idea of a rival faction, it could help you want to develop your characters more. however it should be scaled to where your party should be at the time of encounter, not always perfectly match them.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 pm

That's the idea. And Damien is one the main villains. He is persuaded by Solran to serve him in order bring back his lover but over time,(Andrew and I were talking about this) he is slowly being corrupted and is eventually taken over by Solran.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:22 am

For the other members of this group they will have they're own special abilities and I came up with a new idea for when you fight them. It will be 2 stage boss fights for each of the members. The first stage of the fight will be them in their original states. When you beat them, there will be a short cutscene where they change and get more powerful. This occurs because of the fact they have links with Solran where when they are in the most desperate situations, they be able to obtain some of Solran's power and become stronger. This will give the player a much harder boss fight compared to the enemy in their original state.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:07 am

ok so if theyre similar to the party anyways,which form is most similar? the original or the advanced form? and also, are they just as powerful in their original state? or are they similar just less powerful?
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:15 am

They are similar in their transformed state but the attack faster, hit a lot harder, have more health, take less damage, and have new combos and their weapons change as well.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:17 am

And yeah their original form is more similar to the main characters
Back to top Go down
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:22 am

Im still confused, which one is the copy, and which one is the advanced/ weaker one?
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:55 pm

No its all the same person it's just that when you beat them they get a power boost from Solran for the second half of the boss fight
Back to top Go down
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:03 pm

I dont think youre understanding me, you said that the enemy will have asimilar person to one in your group. which version, the normal unit or the empowered version, is the one that is most similar to their corresponding person in your party?
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:30 am

Oh! Ok now I know what you're asking. Yeah the original form is the one that's similar to the one in your party
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:25 am

hahahah i wanna see flyntians opposing character XD, will be badass XD. Also, on that note i do hope you dont plan on having them godmode the fuck out of you when they power up, they should be fairly easy the first half and then just become hard the second half, it shouldnt go from challenging to unforgiving.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 am

The way i set it up is that you fight them in they're regular states first. Then when you beat them you will heal for the next battle and then they will change into their what i call "possesed" form (by possesed i mean possesed by Solran's power increasing their abilities and changing their outward appearence). The possesed form will be a harder boss fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company   Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Idea for Damien: Rival Mercenary Company
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Solar Ark :: Concept :: New Ideas-
Jump to: