Project Solar Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the production of the game Solar Ark

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Character: Ario

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

New Character: Ario Empty
PostSubject: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:49 am

The full name is Ario Pentiatam, which is scrambled up from the latin phrase Armo Patientia, meaning Arm suffering, basically he was either was an experiment, or has a disease (idk which yet we can alter it to fit with the story) that makes his right arm dissapate into condensed magic. I was considering a mechanical arm or him to be possesed by something, but frankly thats done way too often, so an arm made of condesed magic seemed to fit with the world. and also the way i have it pictured in my head it looks way cooler.

Ill try to get up some concept art, and if we all meet up later ill start working on it then.
Back to top Go down
Xero
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:54 am

I like. I like.

Perhaps his armor of condensed magic could form into like, magic like armor for him too? And weapons? Or is it more just magic based?
Back to top Go down
https://solararc.forumakers.com
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:56 am

Lol his armor isnt condensed magic his ARM is condensed magic, i havent decided what kind of armor i wanna give him yet
Back to top Go down
Xero
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:05 am

Ah, I didn't explain that right.

I'm saying maybe his arm could have something do with his armor? Just an idea, still not sure of your concept of the arm I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:12 am

oh oh oh oh right, good idea actually. but like i said idk what kind of armor he'll have or even if he'll have any lol
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:20 am

i actually like this idea. Perhaps his arm can be the weapon, kill cells it touchs and have the ability to go through objects and people. It's not like magic is restrained to being a solid.
Back to top Go down
Xero
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:24 am

And maybe that could be part of it? Maybe it can adapt to elements, create magic spells like Fira, and can do the things that Brandon said but doesn't do well with actually touching physical objects.
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:41 am

hmm, would make a nice plot twist to have his arm covered up for part of the game, using a sword in his left hand to fight, have an emotion pact cut scene where he drops the sword and lights sombody on fire/ impales them with his other hand to save a comrade. The enemy wouldnt see it coming as the arm would be assumed to not having existed until this scene.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:27 am

nice job john this character also looks sweet this works out great everyone has at least one new character to add to the story i say we're having some pretty good progress
Back to top Go down
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 am

I have all the details about him on my desk if you guys wanna check it out, also im looking into digital rendering, such as adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, lemme know if you guys think itd be a worthwhile investment.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:53 am

hell yeah? I'm all for that dude it sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:37 am

if you can learn to use it correctly perhaps we can give detailed descrips and you can build the character to the best of your ability by what you picture it. In that way we can stop copying other peoples work as examples, and actually start on our own.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:20 am

I actually do know how to use photoshop really well, but thats altering images not creating them, Illustrator is what i need to work on but i do have a basic understanding of what to do
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:26 am

well i look forward to you mastering that program then lol. In the mean time it may not be a half bad idea to kinda attempt it with what you do know, practice helps and perhaps it will help you picture what you want it to be for when you get better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Character: Ario   New Character: Ario Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Character: Ario
Page 1 of 1