Project Solar Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the production of the game Solar Ark

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Money system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:43 am

Ive been thinking about how most games do it, and also while playing Birth by Sleep ive realized, these enemies are made of golden objects? Thats just not true

So i think, instead of them dropping money, we should have them drop objects that could be sold. Then I thought, what merchant in their right mind would buy peices of dead monsters, so i then thought up this brilliant gem: Doctors/Alchemists ( when you comment leave votes for which one you want) These guys basically buy the items you get off the battlefield, and they would have levels like the Moogles in KH. so basically the more you sell to them the more rewards you get, like they would occasionally give you a potion or something when you sell them the objects that make them. Placement of them would be crucial to gameplay, so i think the should be synonmous to merchants and armories, that being that they would be right next to them in every spot, and maybe have some in the feild. Leave opinions on this subject.

Also I think they should look something like a cross between Black Mages (The ones that look like Vivi from KHII) and a Jawa from Star Wars. Randy If you wanna start a drawing on it thatd be cool, also Im open to any other options on graphics that anyone else wants to throw in.
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:12 am

You know now that i think about, that's a very good point. When monsters die, they don't just turn their carcass into money. I like this idea for a money system it works.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor0303
High Captain
High Captain
Skeletor0303

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:19 am

yea but i was also thinking that players would be pissed cuz that would be an extra trip for them which is why i think we should place them beside merchants and amors because thats what you would need money for anyways so it woul eliminate complaints
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:11 am

OK that would make life a lot easier in the game
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:15 am

simple:
Claws: can be used by making into arrow heads or depending on size weapons
Fur: used to make clothin
Teeth: same as claws
Eyes: used in alchemy
Tail: same as eyes
Meat: ued for making food.

Give the player the option to sell the supplies or use them. this would also solve our forge material problem, of course we would need to come up with a MUCH larger drop list, but basicly just diffrent levels of this basic stuff, add bones, tongue, head, ect. could make for an interesting choice between money and mats. as to your impending question "why do i only get 1 claw off of a whole damn tiger?" .... its because you touch yourself at night, stfu and just enjoy what you get dammit!
Back to top Go down
REJB
Captain
Captain

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:50 am

that's a pretty good point
Back to top Go down
Verinium
High Captain
High Captain
Verinium

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:10 pm

lol i thought so. Anyways im not trying to kill johns idea, i believe both have value, i am just providing choices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Money system Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money system   Money system Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Money system
Page 1 of 1